|Portrayed by:||Jay Ryan|
All I know it that they changed our DNA.
Vincent Ryan Keller is a Beast who is a main character on Beauty and the Beast. He is on the run from a powerful organization called Muirfield after he was a test subject in a failed military experiment. He became part of the experiment after he enlisted in the U.S Army due to the loss of his brothers during the attack on the World Trade Centre. He is now residing in New York City. Vincent had gained a reputation as a vigilante due to his occasionally saving people around the city, although this title is somewhat inaccurate, since Vincent has proclaimed on a number of occasions to those cloest to him that he has no desire become a crime fighter and is simply content with helping those he comes across who need his help. He does, however, do things that may seem vigilante-type, such as accidentally killing a man who was attempting to kill Heather, Cat's little sister.
Vincent possesses enhanced physical abilities due to the experiments performed on him during his time in the military, they injected him with a serum that spliced his DNA with that of multiple species, resulting in Vincent developing enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, enhanced vision into different light spectrums and sharper senses. However the serum was unstable, resulting in considerable side effects; whenever he experienced a rush of adrenaline he would become extremely aggresive and animalistic, with minor physical changes to accompany them.
In Season Two, Vincent's memory was wiped out causing his relationship with Catherine to go downhill. While he was regaining his memories back, and just when he regained his feelings back for Catherine, he started a relationship with another Beast named Tori Winsor until her death. Later on, he reunites with Catherine and they start dating again, continuing their relationship from the end of Season One.
A photo of Alex and Vincent. ("Seeing Red")
We grew up together. Her (Alex), me, J.T, my brothers.
Little is known of Vincent's early life and childhood, except that he had two older brothers (one named William Keller ) and two childhood friends named Alex Salter and J.T. Vincent, Alex, and J.T all remained friends well into adulthood. Vincent and J.T were even roommates in medical school. While Alex and Vincent's relationship took a romantic, which eventually led to an engagement. However, the death of Vincent's brothers in the twin tower attacks in 2001, drove Vincent to abandon those plans and give up his medical career to join the army, leaving Alex behind.
After I lost both my brothers in the towers, I enlisted in the service. I had the chance to make a difference.
Vincent serving in afghanistan. ("Pilot")
Angry and confused, Vincent enlist in the army in late 2001. When he arrives in Afghanistan he gets tapped to join a project called operation muirfield. He was told that he was being injected with antibiotics, vitamins, steroids that would protect him, when in fact, he was being injected with a serum, designed to trigger rapid genetic mutation. This made him stronger, faster, better. Moreover, they heightened his reflexes and all his senses. However, there were some unforeseen consequences – when he's enraged, he turns into a terrifying beast, unable to control his aggression.
One day the recipients of these injections started to tear apart their military compound, realized they could not be controlled, the government gave orders to eradicate them all. At some point during the conflict Vincent becomes lucid and goes in search of Vanessa Chandler, one of the doctors involved with the project. However, when he finds her she's in a heated argument with a colonel which quickly turns violent, but Vincent manages to save her, also gaining a scar on the right side of his cheek from the colonel. Later, Vincent escapes the country, fakes his death and returns to the states. The military, believing Vincent was dead, reports him killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan.
Except you go out there and you save people.
A scared young Catherine sees Vincent.("Pilot")
In Who Am I? Vincent is found by Catherine and J.T. The first thing we find out is that Vincent has effectively lost his Scar and his Long Term Memory. A long with all this Catherine finds out that his DNA has been changed or evolved with the ability of recalling his short term memories with not trouble.
In Season 1, Vincent is kind, caring, intelligent, selfless, calm, and level-headed, even when angered he speaks in a soft voice, and is reluctant to use violence. In Season 2, his memory had been wipe, but he slowly regains his memories and instincts to protect the innocent, after he was betrayed by Catherine, Vincent became cold, cruel, ruthless, slightly selfish, and is no longer reluctant to use violence, as he threatened Catherine if she ever gets in his way, but still has the appearance of an anti-hero.
- Superhuman Strength - Vincent has the ability to exert a level of strength far greater than the finest Olympic weight-lifter, being able to tear a car door off and the snapping of a mans neck (albeit accidentally) with a mere shove. This ability is further strengthened when Vincent is in his 'savage form' and also extends to the muscles in his legs.
- Super Leap - Vincent's superior strength also applies to the muscles in his legs allowing him to jump incredible distances/heights and propel himself with enough force to damage a concrete wall.
- Superhuman Speed - Vincent has the ability to move at speeds faster than the human brain can process making him appear like a blur, the exact extant of this ability has not yet been identified. This ability, coupled with his superhuman stamina, allows him to perform extraordinary feats such as; dodging gunfire at mid to close range, catching a falling glass and escaping from an area in a short amount of time.
- Superhuman Stamina - Vincent has an incredibly bolstered amount of stamina which allows him to maintain continuos physical action for several hours before physical exhaustion sets in, this ability allows him to use his superior physical abilities at their full potential.
- Rapid cell regeneration - Vincent, due to the presence of transgenes, has the ability to heal from wounds at a much greater speed above which a humanly possible, from cuts in seconds to a gunshot wound within hours (albeit after the bullet was removed). This along, with a bolstered metabolism, allows him to be close to immune from disease and highly resistant to the effects of normal drugs/tranquillisers.
- Superhuman senses - Vincent, due to his transgenic status and the presence of animal DNA, has a number of highly refined and superior senses, these include but aren't limited to:
- Superhuman Vision - Vincent has the ability to view things in a greater detail than any human ever could, this allows him to see the perspiration and dilation of a womans pupils' from the top of a large building; it is unknown however if he can see into other visual spectrums.
- Superhuman Hearing - Vincent has the ability to hear things on a much greater range than humans, as well as inaudible sounds. This allows Vincent to hear a conversation from blocks away and hear the increase in heartbeat from the top of a large building.
- Enhanced Sense of Smell - Vincent has the ability to smell scents that are above that of a humans ability, this allows him to smell scents (and thus track people) in a city with scents that are days old, the ability to smell poison running through a womans veins and able to identify someone who has someone else's blood on them.
- Memory Recall - Vincent has the ability to remember and recall experiences and events perfectly accurately, no matter how much time had passed since the memory was formed. He can also go through his recalled memories in perfect detail to pinpoint or find things he has initially dismissed.
- Ability Augmentation - Vincent has the ability conciously control his blood flow and their haemoglobin content to heighten specific senses.
Using his abilities
- Superhuman Durability - The ability to withstand high amounts of pain when injured.
- Metamorphic Ability - This ability allows him to transforms into a beast like form when attacked and provoked.
- Beast Form - In this form Vincent's eyes glow yellow, his fingernails extend into long claws, his rows of teeth become pointed and his voice become deeper mirroring his angry and primitive persona. Vincent's transformation is a beast like form.
- Aggression - When angered or in distress she becomes more savage and aggressive, and even more so in his beast form.
- Night Vision - Vincent has the ability to see clearly in the dark.