|Portrayed by:||Jay Ryan|
All I know it that they changed our DNA.
Vincent Ryan Keller is a Beast who is a main character on Beauty and the Beast. He is on the run from a powerful organization called Muirfield after he was a test subject in a failed military experiment. He became part of the experiment after he enlisted in the U.S Army due to the loss of his brothers during the attack on the World Trade Centre. He is now residing in New York City. Vincent had gained a reputation as a vigilante due to his occasionally saving people around the city, although this title is somewhat inaccurate, since Vincent has proclaimed on a number of occasions to those cloest to him that he has no desire become a crime fighter and is simply content with helping those he comes across who need his help. He does, however, do things that may seem vigilante-type, such as accidentally killing a man who was attempting to kill Heather, Cat's little sister.
Vincent possesses enhanced physical abilities due to the experiments performed on him during his time in the military, they injected him with a serum that spliced his DNA with that of multiple species, resulting in Vincent developing enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, enhanced vision into different light spectrums and sharper senses. However the serum was unstable, resulting in considerable side effects; whenever he experienced a rush of adrenaline he would become extremely aggresive and animalistic, with minor physical changes to accompany them.
In Season Two, Vincent's memory was wiped out causing his relationship with Catherine to go downhill. While he was regaining his memories back, and just when he regained his feelings back for Catherine, he started a relationship with another Beast named Tori Winsor until her death. Later on, he reunites with Catherine and they start dating again, continuing their relationship from the end of Season One.
A photo of Alex and Vincent. ("Seeing Red")
We grew up together. Her (Alex), me, J.T, my brothers.
Little is known of Vincent's early life and childhood, except that he had two older brothers (one named William Keller ) and two childhood friends named Alex Salter and J.T. Vincent, Alex, and J.T all remained friends well into adulthood. Vincent and J.T were even roommates in medical school. While Alex and Vincent's relationship took a romantic, which eventually led to an engagement. However, the death of Vincent's brothers in the twin tower attacks in 2001, drove Vincent to abandon those plans and give up his medical career to join the army, leaving Alex behind.
After I lost both my brothers in the towers, I enlisted in the service. I had the chance to make a difference.
Vincent serving in afghanistan. ("Pilot")
Angry and confused, Vincent enlist in the army in late 2001. When he arrives in Afghanistan he gets tapped to join a project called operation muirfield. He was told that he was being injected with antibiotics, vitamins, steroids that would protect him, when in fact, he was being injected with a serum, designed to trigger rapid genetic mutation. This made him stronger, faster, better. Moreover, they heightened his reflexes and all his senses. However, there were some unforeseen consequences – when he's enraged, he turns into a terrifying beast, unable to control his aggression.
One day the recipients of these injections started to tear apart their military compound, realized they could not be controlled, the government gave orders to eradicate them all. At some point during the conflict Vincent becomes lucid and goes in search of Vanessa Chandler, one of the doctors involved with the project. However, when he finds her she's in a heated argument with a colonel which quickly turns violent, but Vincent manages to save her, also gaining a scar on the right side of his cheek from the colonel. Later, Vincent escapes the country, fakes his death and returns to the states. The military, believing Vincent was dead, reports him killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan.
Except you go out there and you save people.
A scared young Catherine sees Vincent.("Pilot")
- Superhuman Strength - The ability to exert a level of physical strength much greater than that of a normal person. Vincent is much stronger when he is in savage form then he is in human form.
- Superhuman Speed - The ability to travel at incredible speed, though the exact extent of this speed had yet to be determined.
- Super Leap - To compensate for her inability to fly, Vincent used the super-strong muscles in his legs to jump incredible distances and heights.
- Superhuman Stamina - The ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an extended period of time without tiring or undue strain.
- Rapid cell regeneration - Vincent thanks to his evolved physiology, he can heal from his wounds much faster then a normal person would.
- Superhuman Vision - The ability to view things in much greater detail than humanly possible.
Superhuman Hearing - The ability to hear sounds that are inaudible to normal humans.
- Enhanced Sense of Smell - The ability to detect smells that are impossible for normal human beings to detect naturally.
- Memory Recall - Vincent has the ability to remember and recall experiences and events perfectly accurately, no matter how much time had passed since the memory was formed. He can also go through her recalled memories in perfect detail to pinpoint or find things he has initially dismissed.
Using his abilities
- Superhuman Durability - The ability to withstand high amounts of pain when injured.
- Metamorphic Ability - This ability allows her to transforms into a beast like form when attacked and provoked
- Beast Form - In this form Vincent's eyes glow yellow, his fingernails extend into long claws, his rows of teeth become pointed and his voice become deeper mirroring his angry and primitive persona. Vincent's transformation is a beast like form.
- Aggression - When angered or in distress she becomes more savage and aggressive, and even more so in her beast form.
- Night Vision - Vincent has the ability to see clearly in the dark.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found